Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I heart Heidi Snapp (I mean Swapp)

I started scrapbooking just over two and a half years ago now. I remember for about the first year or so brands meants absolutely NOTHING to me. I did most of my shopping at Michaels and I have to admit, some of the stuff I bought was quite cheesy. I remember going to crops and hearing people throwing out names like Basic Grey and Bazzil and quite frankly, it was all Greek to me. All but one name of course...Heidi Swapp.
I immediately fell in love and was drawn to the black packaging and EVERYTHING that was in it! As time goes on, the product just keeps getting better and better. I am addicted to her book Just for Looks. I've lost count of the number of times I've flipped through it.

I follow her blog religiously and now I'm even following her friends' blogs. Stalker? Kinda. But in a good way!

So once my new scraproom was finished, I decided to e-mail her. It was after the day of scrapbooking with the Del Montes using lots of Heidi goodness. I sent her a link to my Facebook pictures of the room.

Every morning as soon as I wake up and evening as soon as I get home from work (along with several times a night) I've been checking to see if she wrote back. This morning - it happened. The letters H E I D I appeared in my inbox. Cue the Alleluias! And today of all days I just needed it!
Here is what she wrote:

Dear Laurie.. thanks for the VERY complimentary and kind email! it made me happy !!
i am not a face booker... i can't get on... so i will have to take your word for your fabulous rooM! but it sounded as if you had a great time putting it all together! that is what it's all about!

thanks for writing!

take care, heidi

I think she wants to be my best friend...don't you just feel it?

I immediately e-mailed her back - adding these pictures (I know I've already posted one but here are a few more for those of you who haven't seen it in real life)...











I also *may* have mentioned that I *might* be posting about her...

Everybody wave to Heidi Snapp**! 'Cuz she rocks!

** Shout out to Cawi for coming up with the name Heidi Snapp - It's such a rockstar name for a rockstar chick (in the pink, blingy scrapbooking sorta way).

8 comments:

Rachel said...

WELL DING DING DING.. now I see where this luv affair you've got going on with our Stephie came from... How perfect is that??? LMAO

Laurie...LOVE that room.. WOW!

So when are we coming over to scrap?? LOL TAP TAP

MMMMWWWAAAAA
R
XOOX

Kataroo said...

wow wow wow she does wat to be your new BFF :) this is so cool....you need to print out her email and scrap it along with pics of your room :)vv

Stay Funny said...

you girls beat me to the post!!! Ohhh yes we are true Lovers of the Heidi!!! I like Katie's idea of the scrapping a page of your romm + her email!!!! With the fabu runway collection, what the perfect pair! It's a wonderfull room to scrap into.... got the chance ladt w-end!

Janet said...

That is soooo cool! She does want to be your BFF!!

p.s I love the Del Montes reference!!!!

Lynn A said...

So cool that she answered !!!! What a great way to start the day -A message from your inspiration !!!

hks said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
hks said...

wowsa...
i think we are twins separated at birth!!! your room is fabulous! i am JEALOUS!! i love it so much... and that chandelier... similar to one i gave em for christmas... but i don't even have a pink chandelier!! that's it, i'm moving in.
wink.
heidi

Jenn Langlois said...

OMG! How cool is this?!? You rawk woman!

Jenn