Monday, January 26, 2009

I've been tagged!

Yep, that's right!


I've been tagged by Dorrie! Can I just say how much I LOVE having a friend named Dorrie. Growing up my mom always called me Laurie, Dorrie, Catchatorie. And I remember thinking I know what a Laurie is and I know what a Catchatorie is but what the heck is a Dorrie? Now I know! A smart, talented, creative, sweet and HILARIOUS chick!


So as I was saying, I've been tagged by Dorrie.


The rules are:


1. Go to your Picture Folder on your computer or wherever you store your pictures.


2. Go to the 6th Folder, then pick the 6th picture in that folder.


3. Post that picture on your blog and the story that goes along with the picture.


4.Tag 6 other people that you know or don’t know to do the same thing and leave a comment on their blog or an e-mail letting them know you chose them.

And here it is...

This pic was taken in Winnipeg last January (they should send all national offenders to Winnpeg in January - that would whip them into shape!) for my mom's 60th birthday. I can post that she's 60 on here because she's rockin' the 60. She sure doesn't look 60 to me. Ok, so maybe that'll be a few too many 60s in one paragraph for her liking but when you are 60 you tend to see double anyway so maybe she won't notice.

We went to Applebees (how is it that Winnipeg has Applebees and Ottawa doesn't) for a small family dinner before her big fiesta. Denis and I let the kids have fun with our cameras for the night although I think I actually snapped this shot of my mom with Hayden and Eebie. Eebie is Hayden's favourite thing in the world...she used to be mine. All those years until Hayden found her I thought she was hiding out in the crawlspace but apparently she spent that time in Jamaica because that girl has some wicked dreds.

Now I have to tag 6 people:

1. Even though Dorrie has already tagged her, I'm tagging her again and maybe she'll actually go for it...Steph. She has a wicked new camera so no excuses!!!

2. Miss Thang - aka Katie - she has two little sweeties - the perfect excuse to take lots of pics!

3. Rach - She too has two little sweeties and I love seeing pics of them! I love Rach's new banner b/c now there are two sweet angels smiling back at me when I go to her blog!

4. Miss Vicki! No, not the chips kids, stick to your resolutions! She's a wicked cool chick and I love seeing her pics. Here kids' eyes are so striking they jump right off the page! I can't wait to see her again at the Tomorrow's Treasure's retreat in just a month! YAHOOO. And Mama Sheila too ;)

5. Nat the fat rat. I have never met this girl and she probably has no clue I exist but I love reading her blog and seeing all of the creative stuff she's up to. She makes the CUTEST onesies!

6. Kal - another fellow Winnipegger (although she's still in the deep freeze) and all around VERY creative and talented girl. Denis got me her book last Christmas and I love it!

So there you have it kids. You've been tagged. I can't wait to see what you come up with and be sure to let me know when/if you post ok?

It's been a fairly quiet week around here. I did manage to get in a lovely visit with Steph and Katie this weekend. It was nice to have some girl time. Yesterday we spent several hours taking Christmas out of the house. I think this is one of the earliest we've ever taken stuff down. It's been up for nearly 3 months so I guess it was time. It's amazing how empty *read clean* the house looks when it is all down.

I pvr'd Ellen this afternoon and was watching while on the treadmill. Warning - Ellen and the treadmill DON'T MIX. I nearly fell right off I was laughing so hard. Denis even came over to see what was going on.

I hope you find this as enjoying as I did...


Stay warm wherever you are...

'night lovelies

2 comments:

Dorrie said...

OMG.. my father used to call me the same thing... but Dorrie, Laurie Catchatorie...
Flashback!!! WOWZERS!!!
You Rock girlfriend..
Love youpic and the story behind it..
See you next week!!!
xo

Kataroo said...

OMG that ELLEN in crazy!!!!!!