Sunday, March 15, 2009

Good friends, great times!

It's Sunday night already. I swear it feels like it was just Friday afternoon. Once again - where did the weekend go???
It has been an amazing weekend. It would be nice to make it last a bit longer...
Friday was girls' night with my former work team. They are the only part I miss about my old position and I LOVE getting together with them. Unfortunately Ginette was far too sick to join us. It always seems to happen that someone gets sick for all of our get togethers.
Nathalie had a great idea for us to try something new this time. We usually go to a restaurant and she suggested we come over to her new house instead. What a FABULOUS idea. It made the evening last MUCH longer and we could really let loose without distrubing anyone...except the rest of the neighbourhood of course!
Sylvie and her hubs picked me up at work on Friday afternoon. We had to wait for the rest of the crew to arrive at Nathalie's place so it gave us a nice chance to catch up before the chaos began!
We started with a tour of Nat's gorgeous new home and then got to meet her little kids...her pugs! Diva (a girl after my own heart) and Rocko. Oh no. I think it's Rocko. Now I can't remember for sure -am I just confusing him with Chris' dog???
Here is one of the silly dogs with a funny tongue - the tongue stays like this all the time...TOO FUNNY!

And then we had a little (ok maybe A LOT) of this...

And Francine's claws came out...


Nat and Francine...


Imitating the dog...

And Helene imitating the dog...

And having some delish appetizers...
(I bet she'll love me for posting this one...sorry sunshine :))

Our main course was Raclette (sp?)

SO AMAZINGLY YUMMY

Cheers to good times and great friendships...

Sylvie likes her forks apparently...


Sweet (albeit blurry) Sylvie...


Best friends...Francine and Sylvie

Dinner was wonderful. It was great to catch up on life and love. We have really amazing chemistry as a group and I miss having them in my daily life. We laughed so hard and a few of us even cried...It was just an all around great feeling to be reconnected.

And then we put our seriousness aside and Francine broke out the karaoke.
These girls LOVE to sing!
Helene getting warmed up...


Sylvie resting her injured back but having a great time all the same...
The three amigos taking their karaoke very seriously...

They even had the dance moves to go with it!

I felt sorry for the neighbours at this point!

Unfortunately the microphone wasn't working so they worked the remotes!!!
Is it just me or is it impossible to sing karaoke without a "microphone"?



Helene was so reserved...
oh so serious...


She switched her remote for a glass...

Flamenco?
Chicken dance?
Seizure???

Then it was time for Helene's big, intense INTENSE solo...



And I mean INTENSE


Did I mention it was INTENSE?

Nat's honey Jean-Michel (aka our cook, cleaner, waiter, helper) getting into the action...
Nat keepin' it real...
Self portrait with my sunshine...
The gang (minus Gi)...

Self portrait with Francine - my slut on the floor (don't ask)...
Our lips were a little stained from all the red wine...

Free massage!

And more singing...

I love how they are making the same faces in these pictures...



And our own personal red nose service...Francine's husband Marcel offered to be our designated driver! Such a sweetie to put up with so many drunk women! Denis took the ferry to the Quebec side and picked me up at Francine's place...at about 3 a.m.
We were having so much fun we literally lost track of time. I didn't want the night to end!
Let's just say Saturday was quite rough! I'm too old to be partying THAT hard, THAT late! I didn't get to bed until 5 a.m.
We had supper at Tanya and Keith's on Saturday night and we did a photo shoot with baby Kyle. More on that in a later post with a few sneak peaks. We're working on building our business portfolio right now. Yahooo.
OK. I'm watching the Quebec equivalent of American Idol right now (Star Academie) and I FINALLY got a joke from Friday night. Talk about delayed reaction eh???
Sorry for the wacky formatting - it's a Blogger issue, not a Diva issue. Blogger has a mind of its own sometimes I find.
Head over to the lovely Katie's blog to see a few layouts she did with pictures of me...SHE ROCKS MY SCRAPPIN' WORLD!!!
Good night lovelies and enjoy your Monday morning!!!


3 comments:

Kataroo said...

I am peeing my pants at those Karoke pics...hilarious!!!

Stay Funny said...

wow it looks like you girls had lots of fun! Happy you were able to spend some time with your old work buddies!

Anonymous said...

That has to be one of the cutest pugs I have ever seen and I would say I am in LOVE with my pug, but that pug is a VERY close second!! Looks like you had a great time :-)