Sunday, December 7, 2008

I've been a bad blogger...

But with good reason I think.

It's been busy. Oh so busy. But great!!!

My weekend in Toronto was even more fun than expected. I had an absolute blast with Chris and Cawi and even Cathy and met some new friends. I can't say enough about how great it was.

The shows were AMAZING and oh so worth it. We had a psychic come to Chris' house and that was pretty wild too.

We laughed a lot and smiled a lot and saw a lot and drank a lot and didn't sleep nearly enough!

I totally loved the One of a Kind show although I did not buy a single thing if you can believe it. I had this weird "out of body" experience where I felt I just needed to be surrounded by all of the creativity and take it in rather than turn it into a shopping day. It was a pretty wild feeling. I have something brewing in my head. Something creative. Although, I'm not quite sure what it is just yet. And the show just stirred that up even more. Like I say, pretty wild.

I was absolutey spoiled rotten by the girls between welcome presents and birthday presents. Man oh man. They are two of the most generous people I know.

I made us some "party" kits including custom-made Rockstar shirts and red feather boas. We wore our boas EVERYWHERE all weekend long. It was hilarious. We turned many heads and made many people laugh.

Here are a few shots from the weekend...


Camera war


Purdy girl


Silly sisters



Chris' friend Heather played guitar and we "sang"



Making out with Glen






Dirty girls see Dirty Dancing

I carried a watermelon...(or in Cawi's case a water bottle)


It took me most of the week to recover from the weekend. Cawi and I went to bed at 6 a.m. Saturday morning and were up by 9 a.m. for our marathon day...
Along with recovering this week I had to get the house ready for a very special Christmas gathering on Friday night.
I invited the girls over for a Very Merry Christmas Crop and slumber party.
Katie, Rach and Steph came over after work on Friday for some Christmas cheer. We all brought different appetizers and Rach also hooked us up with some crazy amazing desert. We talked, laughed and just enjoyed eachother's company. The girls did some scrappin but I wasn't in the mood so I mostly watched while flipping thru some magazines.
It was an awesome night with many laughs and you'll have to take my word on it because we didn't take any pictures!!!
We decided that rather than exchanging gifts we're all making a donation to the Children's Snowsuit Fund. There are so many kids that need much more than we did this Christmas and it's a great charity that keeps the money in our city.
We got to bed pretty late and had to be up early because the girls all had a busy day ahead and needed to get an early start on the day.
D and I made a really nice brunch together with leftovers and just hung out. We had high hopes for the day and getting lots done but in the end we were rather slothful and lazy. I had to madly rush to get ready for my Christmas party...yup - that's how slothful we were.
I wasn't sure what to expect of this year's party. It was held at a Moroccan restaurant in Gatineau. I was very pleasantly surprised. The best part of the night was reigniting an old friendship and meeting her new beau. The four of us laughed so hard the entire night. The food was great and there was even a belly dancer.
All in all much fun was had by all!
Yet another late night...
D and I slept in this morning and then got up to make brunch together once again. Just a few minutes after putting some stuff in the oven the power went out. GRRRR. We were supposed to have the power shut off from 6-10 a.m. but then they called back to say it wouldn't be turned off. Shortly after 11 down it went. Denis quickly built us a fire to keep us warm and we kept the stuff in the oven long enough that it heated although it wasn't on!
It started to get REALLY cold down here so we went up to our room and D rigged the gas fireplace on. Ah...a nice snuggle under the covers with a fire - Sunday afternoon doesn't get any better now does it?
The day was to get even better...Cawi was back in town for the weekend and we had a date planned!!!
She was dropped off late afternoon and we had a tea while catching up. Wow, what a concept. A non-alchoholic beverage!
Next we headed to Rangoli for Indian Food with Sara. I haven't seen her in a year either and it was so nice to be able to catch up.
Unfortunately the food took FOREVER to come so we had to shovel it down as quickly as possible so that I could run Cawi to the airport to catch her flight.
I came home to a roaring fire (at this point we're going to go through the wood by January) and D and I are chillin on our laptops tonight. He's working on something rather exciting...he's doing some preliminary work to get our "side business" up and running.
He's just doing a name search as we speak.
Exciting. Very exciting.
I wish I had more pictures to share but I just haven't been very shutter happy this weekend.
So there you have it. A much OVERDUE update.
I have another Christmas dinner date planned with Steph and Janet for Tuesday evening - CAN'T WAIT!
hope you all had a wonderful weekend. It is brutally cold here and if it's cold where you are too then snuggle up with your sweetie and stay nice and warm.
'night lovelies!

1 comment:

Kataroo said...

I had such an amazing night thank-you :)