Sunday, August 24, 2008

How the heck could I forget???

I wrote an entire list of all the things I love about Denis and I forgot the very first thing that ever attracted to me...

HIS DIMPLES

He has the GREATEST dimples.  They make me melt and are sure to get him out of trouble!

We met online so our "first impression" was based on a picture.  I saw those dimples in his picture and I was hooked!  Fortunately I saw the dimples before the very LOUD Hawaiian shirt he was wearing or our story may not have worked out the same way!!!

We had lots of fun celebrating his birthday.  It took us FOREVER to decide where we were going to eat...FOREVER  Neither one of us knew what we felt like.  In the end we chose Luxe Bistro.  It was pretty good.  Loved the decor/atmosphere. Service was great - the waiter was even taller than DENIS if you can believe that!  

Our meals were good but they didn't WOW me.  And quite frankly I was hoping for the wow factor!  I had shrimp and scallops and D had steak.  Let's just say it's no Beckta. (note to self, need to get back there soon - has been WAY too long, cuz Steve may start to disown me!).

I do have to say - I had the HOTTEST date in the joint - Denis was much yummier than the food ;)




From there we made our way to the NAC to meet a gang of girls to see Wicked. FINALLY.  I have heart Lee and Lynn talk about this musical for YEARS now and have wanted to see it for the longest time.  Well, that happened last night and I was not at all disappointed.  I ADORED the show and I want to see it over and over and over again.  The cast was amazing - they played their parts to perfection. 

Today I'm looking forward to getting creative with Steph.  Steph squared are coming over and I think we'll celebrate D's birthday one more time - he got Creme Brulee instead of birthday cake last night - not quite the same thing!

Let's get this party started!

No comments: