Sunday, October 5, 2008

Sunday Part 2 - more October fun!

okay! Here is post 2 for Sunday - that might be a bit confusing considering post 1 is AFTER this one...hmmm...creativity doesn't have to be logical ok? BACK OFF!

We had a very slowwwww Sunday morning including a nice sleep in and lounging over coffee as we planned the next two months. We have a VERY busy October and November ahead of us but the good news is there are many exciting times on the horizon...

We even had to schedule a day to decorate for Christmas. Yes, we are fanatics when it comes to Christmas. The "blessed" day will be November 11, Remembrance Day. For some that may seem rather early but when you put up 5 (or is it 6 now) Christmas Tress you want to get the most of your time with them!!!

Ok, enough about Christmas, we haven't even reached Thanksgiving yet.

In the spirit of Thanksgiving and all things fall, we decided to spend some time exploring this city of ours in all its fall glory.

Our first stop was Rockcliffe Park - neither one of us has ever been. What a perfect day for our first visit. The weather was PERFECT and there was even a wedding at the Pavillion.

These are a few of my favourite shots.





Is he a hottie or what? I got so many amazing shots of him today! YUM YUM YUM.
Walking in the leaves...
And now on to the Byward Market
My cousin Steve's new restaurant (well at least a permit for the new resto - Play Food and Wine)
Some of you may have heard of his first resto called Beckta Dining and Wine
The new address

And shots from the market...

mmmm garlic!





Canadian maple goodness...
Apples apples everywhere
my fave - peppers! Nature's colouring book


Cabbage - especially for Katie - aka Princess Toot!
love this rainbow




The church where we were married
War monument
Who knew the blue Power Ranger lived in Ottawa??? I took this one for Hayden!



Major's Hill Park









I love how you can see D in the background in this shot...

happy red flowers




We ended our day with supper at Milestones.
I usually hate having my pic taken but we were having fun waiting for the meals and I felt great today ;)
wow! check out those dimples...
hands off girls! He's mine!








Well, that's it for tonight. I need to get working on my class. Where does the time go?
Read ahead for Saturday pictures!
'night lovelies
me

7 comments:

Mellisa said...

Looks like you two had a great time! Your photos are beautiful.

I am hoping that the leaves will last until Sunday because I am hoping to head to the Gatineau's for some photography fun on Saturday. The weather looks great.

Kataroo said...

He is HOT!! so are YOU....I love those head shots of you....your eyes are amazing girl!! When that restaurant opens I am so there!!

Stay Funny said...

wow!!!!! tha market pictures are amazing! Love yours of himand his or you too!!! What a fantastic couple you both make!

Kimberly Scott said...

I love the photos!!!!

so glad you are taking my class...

have fun missy!

kb

almadr said...

Wow - great job! love your pics! especially those from food market and of yourself.
and the background of your blog is so cool!

mandi said...

Oh, I love fall! I wish we had more of it here. It seems like we go from sweltering to cold over night. There's not much to the in between seasons in Southern Utah.

almadr said...

Should I write in Polish then :-)
pozdrowienia
a.