Thursday, October 30, 2008

a few minutes of sweetness...


A few months ago I stumbled upon a blog called c jane enjoy it. She is telling the story of her sister and brother-in-law's recovery from a devastating plane crash.


Her brother-in-law had burns to about 35% of his body and her sister nearly 85% of her body. They have four or five kids and her sisters are helping to take care of them while the couple recovers.
They have the most amazing love story and I can't wait to see the rest of their happily ever after...


This past weekend there was a benefit concert to raise money for their medical expenses. The couple's two oldest girls sang.


I just saw the video of the song. Don't even try to watch without the kleenex nearby.


I was struck by how the girls hung onto eachother's hands so tightly. Those poor little souls are going through much more than they need to at their young ages of 5 and 7.


It's such a beautiful video and an inspiring story...




enjoy and hug the ones you love extra tight tonight.


3 comments:

Kataroo said...

I have heard of their story and it really got in my heart..I am afraid to go check out the link...I will...but first huge hugs to all those I love and I AM SO THANK_FUL :)

God Bless all :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing Laurie!! I listened to the song, so touching and have been reading on her blog for the last 45 minutes. That story gives me strength!!

Hugs
Suzane

Dorrie's Blog said...

well I'm officially a blubbering idiot now... I have been reading about them for a while and this just did it...
once there was a way to get back home....
So moving!